How to Help The Humane Society of Moab Valley
Give the Gift of Life to the Homeless Pets of Moab by donating to the Humane Society of Moab Valley! Stop by our office, call (435) 259-4862 or donate on line. You can also mail a check to:
P.O. Box 1188
Moab, Utah 84532
Shop for everyone on your gift list this holiday at http://smile.amazon.com/ch/87-
and Amazon donates to Humane Society Of Moab Valley. #YouShopAmazonDonates
There are many ways to help the Humane Society of Moab Valley and getting started is easy! Review our list of volunteer opportunities then complete our on-line volunteer application or stop by our office located inside the Moab City Animal Shelter located at 956 Sand Flats Rd. After you submit your volunteer application, we will contact you with more information about getting started.
- Data entry
- Phone work
Provide a Foster Home
- Provide a foster home for a homeless dog or cat.
- Provide an emergency foster home (5-7 days)
Working with Animals
- Volunteer at Adoption Days
- Provide transportation within Moab
- Provide transportation outside of Moab (Salt Lake or Grand Junction)
- Critter Companion/Exerciser ~ Walk a Shelter dog
URGENT NEED: Volunteers needed to help with the TNR Program
Volunteers are needed to help trap stray community cats to be neutered. You will be dropped off and helped to set up a humane trap. All cats trapped will be taken to the vet for a spay/neuter and vaccinations then released in the same area. You will need to volunteer for 2-3 hours during the morning hours.
Volunteers of the Decade!
Marcia Wood and Natalie Dickerson have been volunteering for HSMV since early 2000. Marcia has fostered dogs, helped at our Adoption Days and has ordered and maintained all of our toys and merchandise for the last ten years. Natalie has also fostered, staffed Adoption Days and worked many special events. She even did a stint as a Board Member and is always happy to help. Thanks to these two very special ladies from everyone at HSMV!
Each year the Humane Society of Moab Valley holds fundraising events to help raise funds for our adoption, spay/neuter and other community programs. Volunteers are always needed to help plan and organize these events. Listed below are some of the ways You can help.
- Distribute information for upcoming fundraising or spay/neuter clinics.
- Graphic Design
- Staff sales & information table at special events such as the Dawg Days of Summer, Bark ‘n Bubble Dog & Car Wash or staff table at Adoption Days.
Natalie Dickerson and Sue Allemand receive their Certificates of Appreciation at our annual Volunteer Appreciation day.
Our Annual Volunteer Appreciation Day Sunday September 25th, 2016. Lunch at Big Bend and River trip sponsored by Canyon Voyages Adventure Co. Volunteers Sue Allemand and Natalie Dickerson were awarded and presented a certificate of appreciation from the office of the Lieutenant Governor of Utah for their volunteerism and contribution to Humane Society of Moab Valley and the citizens of Utah.
Mary Wilson receiving her Certificate of Appreciation at November board meeting- pictured from left are Jessica Turquette, Sarah Finocchio, Mary Wilson, Saxon Sharpe, Pete Kaufman and Susan Wagner.
Marcia Wood receiving her Certificate of Appreciation for Volunteerism at October board meeting- pictured from left are Jessica Turquette, Susan Wagner, Pete Kaufman, Saxon Sharpe, Marcia Wood, Leigh Ryan and Sue Kirkham.
Donate to Sunny’s Fund
Sunny Bunny crossed the Rainbow Bridge today.
Sunny was adopted in March but came back to the Animal Shelter in late May. Since then she has been living with shelter mom Janette, big bro Mac, and idiot brother Bobb Catt. 🙂 She worked a full shift at the Animal Shelter 5 days a week, and was a bed hog each and every night at home. She helped raise money for needy animals at the HSMV Dawg Days of Summer BBQ by working the “Kissing Booth” with mom Janette and brother Big Mac. Sunny’s little body finally wore out, she passed in my arms. Thank you all for loving her, asking about her, and contributing to her medical care. Please continue contributing to “Sunny’s Fund” through the HSMV. This money will go to other animals in critical medical need.
Sunny Bunny, you were my “good widdle dirl….”, I will miss you for a very long time. Wait with big sis Micki til Mac and I get there. Animal Shelter mom Janette posting October 10, 2016…
Other Ways to help HSMV
- Donate: money (of course!) drop your extra change into one of our 35 donation boxes located in area businesses around town or mail a check to: HSMV P.O. Box 1188 Moab, Utah 84532 or donate on-line!
- Donate in honor or in memory of a loved one.
- Donate: Dog and Cat Food and treats,beds, toys, collars, leashes, crates and kennels or kitty litter.
- Sponsor: one of our “Pets of the Week” ads in the Advertiser, or sponsor an event, call our office @ 435-259-4862 for more information.
- AmazonSmile – Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Humane Society of Moab Valley. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. Support HSMV by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com. Our link is http://smile.amazon.com/ch/87-0644812 Share it on your website or blog!
- Place this link on your website, in your email newsletter, or in your blog to invite your supporters to support your organization by shopping at AmazonSmile. This will link your supporters directly to smile.amazon.com in support of your organization.
- Listen to our Friday radio spots and support local radio KZMU and KCYN.
Support the Humane Society By Shopping City Market. It doesn’t cost you a thing!
City Market will donate 1% of your total grocery purchases to the Humane Society.
Every time you shop, you are helping to “Save One Life At A Time”!
Click here to participate.
Shop at businesses who support the HSMV
- City Market – Register your City Market Value Card number for the CARES Program. Each time you make a purchase at City Market using your value card a portion of what you spend will then be donated to the HSMV! Click here to participate.
- Moab Advertiser – See our available dogs and cats in the weekly “Pets of the Week” ad.
- Moab Barkery – Purchase pet food, toys and treats for your best friends or meet our adoptable cats every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month from 11:00-1:00 at the Moab Barkery.
- Moonflower Market- Tuesday September 12th is 5% day!!! Support HSMV by shopping at Moonflower on 5% day! Moonflower will donate 5% of their daily sales to the HSMV.
Support HSMV by sponsoring one of our Pets of the Week Advertiser Ads. Sponsor an ad in honor or in memory of a loved one. Call our office @ 435-259-4862 for more information.
Our 2017 HSMV full page Advertiser ad sponsors include the following individuals and businesses
Sponsor a Fundraising Event
Our 2017 event sponsors
Together We Are Making A Difference!